Friday, April 27, 2007

My Swinging Days Are Over!





It's gone!... Our family tree is no more!.....When we moved into this house 12 years ago, my wife and I both agreed, we loved this neighborhood because it had so many big old trees. Those trees are slowly disappearing. Little green beetles killed our tree....Our neighborhood will never be the same. I think it's time to move!


I have had many fond memories from that tree. When the triplets were one, I climbed that tree and hung a swing from a branch that was about 20 feet up. I would push the swing so hard, it seemed like they would go a mile before they came back. Some times people driving down our block would stop and watch with a look of terror on their faces.

The boys have used that swing every summer. From the time they were one, they loved that swing. The phrase 'my turn' were some of their first words... then when we had all five boys saying 'my turn','my turn','my turn','my turn','my turn'(kind of like those seagulls in Finding Nemo), I would push them until I nearly passed out...We started using a time limit after that. Last summer when Grace was one, she got to go too...she loved it!. Now the tree is gone and all I have are a few pictures and ...a bad back....




No comments: